Translate

Sunday, April 7, 2013


Ask nearly any American living abroad what they miss and Target will be on their list.  Three years ago my German teacher asked my study group what we most looked forward to when we travel back to the US. A trip to Target we chorused.  There are many things the US needs to work on.  We got Target right.  Australia has Target, but talk to an Australian  and you will quickly learn that their Target is not any near as awesome as our Target. More expensive without the crazy variety you can get in a  US Target. When we go back home for our annual visit,  Target is one of the first places we visit. The to do list here in India or Germany or China that would take days to get through - one hour in Target.  One stop.  In my cart you could likely find cat litter,  birthday cards,  a flat screen TV, a couple of picture frames, groceries to cover dinner, socks for Duncan, a new shirt for me and a bookcase.  The only other place you might find such variety for the value would be Amazon.com.  That is another amazing American innovation and one I make such frequent use of when I am in the US that I am pretty sure I am keeping the delivery guy’s kids in braces.

What do you miss from home?

No comments:

Post a Comment